PCBC – Beginners Mountain Bike Skills Session
Sunday 4 October.
Meet 9am for 9.15am start at Te Puru (meet at carpark near bridge)
Finishing approx 11am. (Max 6 people – if we have enough interest, we can run another)
Cost – $25 PCBC Members or $35 Non-PCBC Members (Join here: www.pcbc.co.nz)
Learn the basics of control and positioning to be safer on your mountain bike and venture onto single track. You must be able to ride a bike and be comfortable riding around Te Puru sports grounds.
Register here: http://eepurl.com/bwbcoL
Confirmation of your spot will be confirmed once payment has been received. (No refunds please don’t ask – if you can’t make it, its considered a donation to the club track building fund.)
- Bike check is at 9am. Riding to commence 9.15am. Please do not be late as this holds up other riders.
- We will be riding around Te Puru Sports Grounds and nearby walkways.
- Learn the body position which keeps you safer on the bike.
- Tips to help you ride with more confidence to be able to venture off paths and onto single track if you wish.
- To increase your confidence to enable you to join in on social rides.
- This is not about riding faster, it’s about riding safer.
- To have fun and enjoy riding off road.
You will need:
- Your helmet and bike which is serviced and in good working order.
- Please pump up your tyres and check they are not worn. Worn tyres can cause you to slide out more if it is wet.
- Please oil chain and do your own bike check before you arrive.
- Please bring a spare tube and pump.
- Drink and morning tea.
- Raincoat – just in case.
If you know of anyone interested, you can register here: http://eepurl.com/bwbcoL
Any questions, please phone Arlene on 027 6685101 or 5344014