Day passes are available from the g.a.s. service station in Maraetai, or Prenzel Whitford (7 Whitford Wharf Road – open from 10am, 7 days a week) for $10. Call in to get your wrist band which you must wear on the day you choose to ride in the forest. Great if you want to check out the tracks before committing to an annual membership or you just want a one-off visit.
Our membership year runs from 1 April 2018 until 31 March 2019. As it is private land, you need a permit to ride, walk or run in both forests. You can join online below after making payment to our bank account.
By joining you will be sent your permit sticker which MUST be displayed on your bike or helmet. If you’re a walker or runner, here’s an idea for carrying your permit sticker – attaching it to a tag made from an ice cream container.
All membership fees go towards track development and maintenance.
To join is easy:
1) Make payment to Kiwibank 38 9010 0141975 00 PCBC account and please put your name as reference. No payment = no membership.
2) Complete the online form below.
You will then receive an email with your map attached. Expect to be asked if you are a member if you ride in the forest. Your permit sticker will arrive in the post in due course (and only after membership payment is confirmed) and MUST be displayed on your bike or helmet. (Memberships are processed fortnightly as time allows).
If you haven’t received a confirmation email after completing the form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your details.
Please note the following as per our forestry permit: Hunting/firearms, camping, bbq’s or smoking are not permitted in the forests.
By joining the club, you hereby agree to abide by all club rules of the Pohutukawa Coast Bike Club Inc. including those listed in the PCBC Health & Safety Rules 2018. You attest that you are sufficiently fit to ride in general and at events safely and are aware of the risks involved and that you hereby exempt the Club, Event Organisers, Landowners and Sponsors from any liability for damage that may occur to yourself or your property.
1. Every member must wear an approved hard shell safety helmet that is correctly fitted while riding plus enclosed footwear.
2. Bicycles must be in good working order with functional front and rear brakes, handle bar ends must be plugged and have no sharp edges.
3. Riders must not use abusive or use offensive language at events, in an anti-sporting manner, be disrespectful to other club members or ignore club rules.
4. Smoking or barbeques are not permitted in the forests, or at events AT ALL TIMES.
5. You must adhere to all warning/hazard signage/tape within forest boundaries at all times for you own safety.
6. Membership includes your permit to ride in the Waiho and Te Maraunga Block of the Whitford forest (or whichever is open to ride in – note that either forest can be closed by forest management). Please attach the permit sticker to your helmet or bike.