Come and enjoy a fun day out racing your mates, family and other club members. There will be 5 timed stages, which will be announced a couple of days before the race.
At the finish line there will be beer (for over 18s) and pizza waiting for you, so don’t be late, you may miss out!!! There will be spot prizes and prizes for stage winners (M & F) and for the overall winners (M & F).
Race rules in brief:
1. The event will start at 11am. Event check-in will be open from 10am and race briefing will be held at 10.45pm.
2. Each competitor has three hours to complete the event.
3. The race will be timed using the Strava app. You must have the Strava app on your phone to be in the race. No Strava no timing. Details of how to upload your times will be released closer to race day.
4. There are 5 stages. You can do each stage as many times as you want within the 3-hour period.
5. Each participant can use the shuttle twice.
6. The main road up to the container is out of bounds. To ride up to the container go up the lower half of Tunnel Vision.
7. All competitors must read, understand and obey the PCBC Race Rules.
8. Be courteous to other riders.
9. Have fun.
10. Prize giving will start at 2:15pm.
The cost to enter online is $20 for members and $30 for non members. You will need to have renewed your membership before the race or else you will pay $30. Note: the race entries are capped.
On-line entries close on 24 April 2016. Entries on the day will incur an additional $5 charge.
How to Enter:
There are two ways:
1. Click on the following link to enter and deposit your entry fee into our bank account: 38-9010-0141975-00. Online entries close: 24 April 2016. Remember you are not entered until payment is made.
2. You can enter on the day between 10am and 10.30 am. However, entry on the day will incur a late fee of $5 and there is no guarantee that there will be spaces left or a beer at the end. We would strongly recommend entering on-line.
If the weather is atrocious or if for some unforeseeable reason the event does not go ahead on the planned day, the event will be postponed to the following Sunday, same time, same place.
You will be asked to tick a box on the entry form to say you have read and agree to this waiver before you can enter this event.
- I acknowledge that I have sole responsibility for my personal possessions and equipment during this event and its related activities.
- I confirm that my mountain bike is safe, in a good state of repair and are suitable to handle the rough and demanding conditions of this off road event.
- I have read, accept, understand and agree to abide by the PCBC Race Rules above.
- I will comply with all the directions given via email, pre-race briefing information, course maps/signage and marshals.
- I am in sound physical condition (and have not been advised otherwise by a qualified medical person), capable of safely competing in the event.
- I acknowledge and assume all of the risks associated with this event.
- I accept full responsibility for obtaining adequate skills to negotiate and avoid hazards on the course and that I am waiving and releasing my legal rights to sue for any injury or damages what so ever arising out of or resulting from my participation in this event.
- On behalf of myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors and assigns, and anyone else who might sue on my behalf, I HEREBY WAIVE, RELEASE, AND FOREVER DISCHARGE all event sponsors, organisers, volunteers, all other persons, land managers and/or owners and their agents from any and all claims, causes of action, damages, losses (economic and non-economic), and liabilities of every kind, for death, personal injury, or property damage, which may arise out of, result from, or relate to my participation in, or my traveling to or from this event.
- If signing on behalf of a minor (under 19yrs on the day of the event) I declare that I have full power and authority on behalf of said person to sign this form and accordingly release all liability from Pohutukawa Coast Bike Club Inc. and associates as above and indemnify on behalf of such persons.
- I voluntarily acknowledge this Waiver and Release of Liability Form and explicitly agree to its content.
A big thanks to the following sponsors so far: