Come Wednesday not only is Domino’s and restaurant curry back on the menu (ok and KFC / McDonalds – i won’t discount that some of you will be in the 2km line to the drive through), but so is the forest for our exercise fix – YAY!!!! Now before you line up at the gate for first entry, there are a few rules we need to follow. They are….
1. STAY LOCAL. Only locals in the forest please. This means if you live in Tuakau, North Shore etc. We ask that you do not drive for an 1 hr to come for a ride.
2. EASY TRACKS ONLY. We are only allowed to ride easy tracks. So the following tracks will be closed and taped off…. Shrapnel, Grenade, B’s, Screamers, Prospectors, Bionic, Native Addiction, Stumpy, Ground Effect and Boundary. All others please ride cautiously and well within your capabilities. No KOM’s!! Now when we say easy tracks, if you are not a regular, and/or new to the forest and biking you may still struggle on our easy tracks.
3. SOCIAL DISTANCE AND STAY WITHIN YOUR BUBBLE. PLEASE obey social distancing rules and stay within your bubble. Don’t treat this as an opportunity for a group ride with ya mates …. that would definitely be one way for forest management/the police to kick us out during level 3.
4. SCAN IN. Everyone must scan in using the QR codes at the entrance. QR codes are up and ready for you to use.
5. USE STRAVA. The Police are concerned people may get lost/injured in the forest and want a way to track people if they don’t return. So if you are riding/walking/running in the forest we ask that you use Strava. Strava has an option to send your ride live to another person – we ask that you use this. A good habit to use if riding alone anyway. Though not so good if you say your going for a quick ride and you decide you are enjoying yourself too much and stay for longer, but use the excuse you got a flat tire…
If we obey the rules above, the forest will stay open, if we don’t it will close again it’s that simple.
For those who are not familiar with our tracks – I will get an updated map on the website that shows the tracks that are closed.
Stay safe out there and enjoy a smidgen of more freedom from Wednesday onwards.